Cautions for the Use of Cobalt Sulfate

banner
Submitted by admin on Thu, 07/11/2019 - 02:38

Cobalt sulfate, rose-red crystal. It is red powder after dehydration, soluble in water and methanol, slightly soluble in ethanol. It is also used in ceramic glaze and paint drier, electroplating, alkaline batteries, cobalt-containing pigments and other cobalt products. It is also used in catalysts, analytical reagents, feed additives, tire adhesives, lithopone additives, etc.

And cobalt sulfate is a dangerous explosive: it is non-flammable, toxic and irritating. The substance and its containers shall be disposed of as hazardous waste.

Cobalt sulfate is harmful not only to health, but also to eyes, nose, respiratory tract and gastrointestinal mucosa. Causes cough, vomiting, abdominal colic, temperature rise, leg weakness, etc. Skin contact can cause allergic dermatitis and contact dermatitis. Avoid contact. Special instructions must be obtained before use. In case of accident or discomfort, consult a doctor immediately (show the label if possible).

It is also harmful to the environment: it can cause pollution to water bodies. Avoid releasing to the environment.