Industrially important silicon aluminum alloys can be divided into four categories:
(1) The hypoeutectic silicon aluminum alloy contains 9% to 12% of silicon.
(2) The eutectic silicon aluminum alloy contains 11% to 13% of silicon.
(3) The silicon content of the hypereutectic silicon aluminum alloy is above 12%, mainly in the range of 15% to 20%.
(4) If the silicon content is above 22%, it is called high-silicon aluminum alloy, of which 25%-70% is the main, and the silicon content is international.
Up to 80%.
Application of high silicon aluminum alloy in electronic packaging
1) High-power integrated circuit package: high-silicon aluminum alloy provides effective heat dissipation;
2) Carrier: It can be used as a local heat sink to make the components more closely arranged;
3) Optical frame: high silicon aluminum alloy provides low coefficient of thermal expansion, high stiffness and processability;
4) Heat sink: High silicon aluminum alloy provides effective heat dissipation and structural support.
High silicon aluminum alloy in automotive parts applications
High silicon aluminum alloy material (silicon content 20%-35%) has excellent tribological properties, can be used as advanced lightweight wear-resistant materials, in all kinds of transportation tools and various types of power machinery, machine tools, special fasteners And the tools have been widely used.
High silicon aluminum alloy has a series of advantages such as small specific gravity, light weight, good thermal conductivity, low thermal expansion coefficient, volume stability, good wear resistance and corrosion resistance, and is widely used as a cylinder liner, piston and rotor for automobile engines. , brake discs and other materials.