High thermal conductivity ceramic material Aluminum Nitride (ALN)
Aluminum nitride (AlN) is the only technical ceramic material that features an extremely interesting combination of very high thermal conductivity and excellent electrical insulation properties. Mutifunctional Aluminum Nitride powder is widely used due to its good properties.
1. Nano Aluminum Nitride has features of high purity, small particle size, uniform distribution, large specific surface area, high surface activity, low bulk density, good injection molding performance;
2. When used in the manufacture of devices, it can reduce the sintering temperature , improve dimensional stability, the hardness of device and elastic modulus, high dielectric constant and low dielectric loss, good thermal conductivity, oxidation resistance and low thermal expansion coefficient (similar to silicon).
3. For composite materials, the matching with semiconductor silicon is good also the interface compatibility. It can improve the mechanical and thermal conductivity dielectric properties of the composite materials.
The main thermal conductivity applications of Aluminum Nitride (ALN):
1. Thermal conductivity of silicone and thermal conductivity of epoxy resin: ultra high thermal conductivity of nano AlN composite silicone with good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation, wide electrical insulation operating temperature (operating temperature -60 ℃ - 200 ℃), low consistency and good construction performance. Products have reached or exceeded the imported products, because it can replace the same imported products and be widely used in heat transfer medium of electronic devices, which improves work efficiency. Such as CPU and radiator caulking, high-power transistors, thyristor components, diodes, contact with the substrate slit at the heat transfer medium. Nano thermal paste fills IC or the gap between the transistor and the heat sink, increasing the contact area between them to achieve better cooling effect.
2. The application of thermal plastic: Nano Aluminum Nitride powder can significantly improve the thermal conductivity of plastic. The experiment showed that when added 5%-10% to the plastic,it could make the plastic thermal conductivity increase from the original 0.3 to 5. Thermal conductivity increased by 16 times. Compared with the thermal fillers (Alumina or Magnesium Oxide, etc.)in the current market, nano AlN with low addition, can improve the mechanical properties of products and the thermal conductivity is improved more obviously. Currently related application manufacturers have large-scale procurement of nano Aluminum Nitride powder, a new type of nano-thermal plastic will be put into the market.
3. The application of high thermal conductivity silicone rubber: good matching performance with silicon, easy to disperse in the rubber. Not only it doesn't influence the mechanical properties of rubber(experiments have shown that the mechanical properties of rubber also being enhanced),but also can greatly enhance the thermal conductivity of silicone rubber, is now widely used in the filed of the military , aviation and information engineering.
4. Other applications: Nano Aluminum Nitride used in smelting non-ferrous metals and semiconductor materials gallium arsenide crucible, evaporation boat, thermocouple protection tube, high temperature insulation, microwave dielectric materials, high temperature and corrosion-resistant structural ceramics and Transparent aluminum nitride microwave ceramic products, and the current application and PI resin, thermal insulation mica tape, thermal grease, insulating paint and thermal oil.