It is a full-color powder or a gray shiny crystal with a chemically active nature. Stable in air and normal temperature. Heat to 300 ° C is oxidized, The flame is red when burning, and the micro-vaporized boron flame is green. Do not dissolve in water, hydrochloric acid, ethanol, ether. It is soluble in cold concentrated alkali solution and decomposes hydrogen, and Is oxidized by concentrated nitric acid and concentrated sulfuric acid to boric acid.
Monomer Boron Powder
Oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, halogen and carbon interact, and boron can also be directly combined with many metals to form boride. The reaction of boron with an organic compound produces a compound in which boron is directly bonded to carbon or a compound in which oxygen Is present between boron and carbon.
Monomer boron is in the periodic table to divide the element into special positions of metal and non-metal boundary color. It is a non-metallic dominant element, with strong electronegativity, small atomic radius, concentrated nuclear charge, and non-metallic properties similar The silicon is 2.35 g/cm3. The hardness is 9.3, the specific gravity is 2.33 - 2.45, the melting point is 2300 ° C, and the boiling point is 2550 ° C.
Use of monomer boron powder
1. Neutron absorber and neutron counter for nuclear reactors.
2. Catalysts for pharmaceuticals, ceramics industry and organic synthesis.
3. The ignition pole of the igniting tube in the electronics industry.
4. High-energy fuel for solid rocket propulsion.
5. Synthesis of various high purity boron-containing compounds.
6, the car's safety gas cockroach initiator.
7. Smelting of special alloy steel.
8. Monomer boron is a raw material for producing boron fibers.
9. Gas scavenger in molten copper.
10. Fireworks industry.
11. An important raw material for the manufacture of high-purity boron halide.
12. Monomer boron is used in semiconductor and electric power: it is used as a cathode material for the ignition core in the igniting tube after carbonization at about 2300 °C. It can also be used as a raw material for preparing high-quality cathode material lanthanum boride.
13. Monomer boron can be used as a protective material in the atomic energy industry to make boron steel for atomic energy reactors.
14. Boron is a raw material for the manufacture of borane and various borides. Borane can be used as a high-energy fuel for rockets and missiles.