Mercury-II-chloride, the molecular formula is HgCl2, colorless or white crystalline powder, a small amount of volatile at room temperature. Soluble in water, ethanol, ether, methanol, acetone, ethyl acetate, insoluble in carbon disulfide, pyridine. Long-term work in an environment where the mercury vapor content in the air exceeds the allowable range can cause chronic poisoning, and there are mental disorders such as memory loss, salivation, fatigue, fatigue, insomnia, and dizziness. Heavier fingers and tongue tremors appear. After poisoning, the stomach should be washed. In addition to drinking milk and eggs, 1,2-dithioglycerol is a good antidote. The maximum allowable concentration is 0.1 mg/m3.
Production operators should wear overalls, wear respirators or gas masks, latex gloves and other labor protection products to protect the respiratory organs and skin, and take a shower after work. The production equipment should be sealed and the workshop should be well ventilated. Chronic poisoning, to be transferred from work, to a nourishing nutritional diet. Perform sweating therapy.
1. Used in the manufacture of mercurous chloride and other mercury salts, as a dry battery depolarizer, as a catalyst for the manufacture of polyvinyl chloride, as a preservative for the pharmaceutical industry and wood.
2. Used as mordant for pesticides, coatings, printing and dyeing.
3. Mercury chloride is used for amalgamation before silver plating to improve the bonding strength between the silver plating layer and the base metal.
4. Used as a catalyst for organic synthesis, preservatives, disinfectants and analytical reagents.